J. Thomas Davis likes to spend his time
in the workshop. In the solitude of the quiet room, slowly working
away at the wood, Tom is at home. Over the years, he has mastered the
instrument, and himself; for it takes a great deal of time, concentration,
and patience to produce these guitars. Along the way, he has learned
some lessons which he likes to share with customers. If he spent
all of his time sharing stories though, he would hardly make a living.
So, at times, he lays down the wood and lifts the pen to write down the
lessons presented below. Tom's articles are posted here on a regular
basis, so check back often. We hope that this page helps you to get
a lifetime of enjoyable playing from your instrument!
- "Removing Scratches From Pickguards"
December 1, 2001
- "Acoustic Guitar Pick Ups"
November 1, 2001
- "Protecting Your Instrument During The Winter"
October 1, 2001
- "A Set Up Can Make All the Difference"
August 1, 2000
- "Protecting Your Instrument During The Summer"
June 1, 2000
- "Caring For An Ebony Fingerboard"
April 1, 2000